Donnerstag, 10. März 2016

One Grande Latte, please... for here


There were way more participants than there are on my cup! Actually, our Urban Sketchers regional group Duesseldorf/Cologne broke its' record last Sunday at the Starbucks Café Leverkusen, Germany. More than 15 people got together to sketch in this cozy store and spend the afternoon with a welcoming host, yummy lattes and tastes of juicy cake.

There was some commotion going on, I was told, since it was an unregular open Sunday at the mall. People streamed into the place the whole 6 opening hours. Despite overly human concentration on my part and so, not being aware of much around me, I ultimately failed my set goal to draw every single member of our happy group of sketchers. Tells you something about my work speed. Also, I took some time off, giving a radio interview for a local station (which sucked on my part, by the way... hope they cut out, like, everything!).

So much creativity and felt interest of the people watching us sketch... I dearly love our monthly get-togethers. Starbucks, the embodiment of urban and lifestyle, and the team (or shall I say partners) in Leverkusen did their part to make this memory last.

What else... here are some close-ups of the penciled Starbucks cup, I took home with me:






A little... ok, way over my head: The Extra-Special-Making-Of, which you get only in this blog:


Thanks for reading... and leave a comment, if you like!

4 Kommentare:

  1. Antworten
    1. Davon mal abgesehen, dass Du die Allererste bist, die überhaupt hier im Blog kommentiert hat... vielen, lieben Dank!

      Löschen
  2. Also, dieser Satz "I dearly love our monthly get-togethers." gefällt mir außerordentlich gut, Paddy!

    AntwortenLöschen